Sunday, March 29, 2009

Shaking Off The Rust

Image 1

Image 2

Image 3

Last time I went out with friends to take some photos using lighting, I got really frustrated. I can't get the lighting effect that I want. I know in my mind what I want to achieve, but I just can't make it to materialize.

This time, I went back to basics. I setup a mini-studio in my home. I used 1 600-watt strobe with softbox, 1 Canon 580 EXII and 1 Nikon SB 900 (both barebulb) and a white seamless paper. All lights triggered by my ever reliable Pocket Wizards.

The big strobe with 80cm x 120 cm softbox was placed on camera right and the two small strobes were placed behind the subject on both sides to light the background. Used a lightmeter to set all lights to f8.

This time, I was quite happy with the results.

No comments: